Skip to main content

Christmas at Longbourn: The Sweetest Ridicule!

Lydia Bennet's Online Diary.
At this time of the year I always read Pride and Prejudice and I thought it would be fun to see what Lydia is thinking about all the goings on at Longbourn. Lydia's online diary starts just before Mr Bingley arrives and finishes where my novel, Lydia Bennet's Story, begins.

Wednesday, December 23rd, 1801

I have observed this evening at Aunt Philips’s house that Aunt Gardiner was far too occupied in watching my sister Lizzy with Mr Wickham to take much notice of me, which is a blessing indeed! They are becoming rather exclusive in one another’s company.
Dearest Isabella has made me a present of the sweetest ridicule, made by her own fair hands. Fashioned from ivory satin, it is embroidered with flowers and ties with a blue silk cord.

Lydia Bennet