Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Mr Darcy's Secret - a new novel!


I am very excited to tell you that I can now show you the cover for my new novel, Mr Darcy's Secret.
I am absolutely thrilled with it, I think it's the best yet, and I hope you like it too! I love the very curvy Lizzy on the cover, set against a backdrop that could either be Derbyshire or the Lakes where most of the action takes place. Look at those gloves! York tan if I'm not mistaken, and what a gorgeous contrast they make to the beautiful, sheer muslin gown she is wearing. The whole picture is lit by the shaft of light slipping under the curtain highlighting Lizzy's skin and that enigmatic smile. Well, I'm really chuffed, as they say where I come from. Sourcebooks do the most wonderful covers in the world!

13 comments:

novembersautumn said...

It's a beautiful cover, Jane! The gown she's wearing is lovely, so delicate and elegant. I'm glad you pointed out the gloves I missed them at first glance.

Jane Odiwe said...

Thank you so much - I don't know who designed the cover but as soon as I find out I shall give them a mention. I wonder what book she's reading?

Alexa Adams said...

It's gorgeous, Jane! Congratulations! I simply cannot wait to get my hands on it - February seems such a very long way off.

Meredith said...

Beautiful, beautiful cover, Jane! I am glad it pleases you so much! I cannot wait to hear more about it!

Jane Odiwe said...

Thank you Alexa and Meredith for your very kind words. I'm sure when February comes around we'll wonder where all the time went to, but right now, it seems a long way off. There's sure to be a blog tour so I'll keep you posted!

Cranberry Morning said...

Beautiful cover design! Congratulations. :-)

Jane Odiwe said...

Thank you very much - I'm so glad you like it!

Sue Wilkes said...

Wow, Jane, that is a beautiful cover! Sourcebooks have done you proud! I can't wait to read it!

mrsshukra said...

Jane, it's perfect!!!!

Jane Odiwe said...

Thank you everyone for your very generous comments! If only February could come sooner!

suzan said...

I have to agree with everyone else. The cover is stunning and I can hardly wait for the new book to come out.

Jane Odiwe said...

Thank you Suzan for your lovely comments!

Adriana Zardini said...

Love cover Jane!