Monday, November 4, 2013

Project Darcy - Blog Tour!

It's my Official Book Launch of Project Darcy tomorrow, November 5th, over at Laurel Ann Nattress's blog Austenprose so please check back then to read an exclusive excerpt from Project Darcy, and to see what we have on offer in the way of prizes and treats. I do hope you'll join me tomorrow for my very special day!
As you all know, Project Darcy is a novel inspired by Jane Austen's wonderful book, Pride and Prejudice, and as this is a very special year, celebrating 200 years, I thought you might like to have a chance of owning a collector's copy!
My first introduction to Jane Austen was through the film starring Greer Garson and Lawrence Olivier, many years ago, so I think it's very fitting that this little illustrated movie book should be my first prize.




Pride and Prejudice
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.
   However little known the feelings or views of such a man may be on his first entering a neighbourhood, this truth is so well fixed in the minds of the surrounding families that he is considered as the rightful property of some one or other of their daughters.
   "My dear Mr. Bennet," said his lady to him one day, "have you heard that Netherfield Park is let at last?"
   Mr. Bennet replied that he had not.
   "But it is," returned she; "for Mrs. Long has just been here, and she told me all about it."
   Mr. Bennet made no answer.
   "Do not you want to know who has taken it?" cried his wife impatiently.
   "You want to tell me, and I have no objection to hearing it."


Also on offer is one of my packs of six greetings cards, three of Steventon Rectory, three of Christmas at Steventon!

If you'd like to be in with a chance of winning this vintage book with a pack of Jane Austen Christmas cards, please leave a comment below. Names will be drawn from a hat - closing date for this competition is Sunday, 10th November - winner announced on Monday 11th November!
Don't forget to check back tomorrow for more goodies here and on Austenprose!


18 comments:

Warmisunqu Austen said...

I have the highest curiosity about this story. I look forward to its release to reading it.

Thank you!!

Cassandra Grafton said...

Good luck with Launch Day tomorrow, Jane!

Wonderful prizes - would love to be in with a chance to win! Am really enjoying my copy of Project Darcy (even when I get the goosebumps!). I do look forward to getting a paperback copy though - reading an eBook just isn't the same!

Patricia Alcalde said...

Oh I'd so much love to win! This is an amazing price!

Jane Odiwe said...

Warmisunqu, Cassandra and Patricia, thanks so much for stopping by and leaving lovely comments-I'll add your names to the hat!

Danielle said...

I loved the first P&P adaption with Lawrence Olivier. I know it was not as true to the book as some others but I loved it anyway, especially one of the early scenes where the Lucas women race the Bennet women in the carriages trying to get home to be the first to tell their husbands that they must visit Bingley.

Good Luck with your launch! I can’t wait to read this one. I’ve read your other books, my favorite being Searching for Captain Wentworth, and really enjoy the way you develop the characters. I discovered the JAFF when I decided to give it a shot with Laurel Ann’s anthology book and discovered you along with a few other authors I’ve come to love. Keep the books coming!

Jane Odiwe said...

Danielle, I still love that film, even if the costumes are wrong and the bonnets ridiculous - plus they've taken so many liberties with the book itself, but I think the spirit is right and it made me want to read the real thing!
Thank you so much for being so lovely about my books-I'm delighted to hear that you've enjoyed them, and I hope you'll enjoy Project Darcy too, if you get a chance to read it. I'll add your name to the hat.

Ceri said...

The Olivier/Garson film was the first P&P adaptation I saw. I completely agree that it captured the spirit of the story and that's why I love it, despite all its faults and crazy clothes!

Kelli H. said...

What lovely prizes, Jane. Your work is always so beautiful. I have only seen that P&P adaptation once but I did enjoy it! Congratulations!!

Jane Odiwe said...

Ceri -yes, I enjoy it, despite its faults! Thank you so much for dropping by and leaving a comment.
Kelli, you're very lovely to say so - thank you!

Maria said...

What beautiful prizes, Jane! You are very talented, both at writing and at drawing! I have not seen that P&P adaptation yet but I will soon do it!

Jane Odiwe said...

Maria - thank you -it's lovely to see you here!

Joana Starnes said...

Hi, Jane!
That was my very first introduction to Pride and Prejudice too, when I was probably 12, never heard of Regency fashion and was madly in love with Lawrence Olivier :)

And then I read the book and then I fell for the Rintoul/Garvie couple (and hated the dresses in the film, I was so used to the Olivier/Greer adaptation that the Regency dresses looked positively weird).

Thanks for the giveaway and for sharing your lovely thoughts!

Jo's Daughter said...

I've seen that version of P&P, but the 1995 is still my favorite. Probably because I found it a shame that the one with Greer and Lawrence is black and white. I Love to look at all the ornaments and details on costumes... Much is lost to me without color.

The cards are so dreamy!!, perfect for framing and cherishing throughout the season.

Patricia Finnegan said...

where did you find the book that has movies illustrations in it? :D
Congrats on your new book!

summerrivers said...

This is a wonderful give away. i would love to have the book.

Jane Odiwe said...

Joana, Jo's daughter, Patricia, summerrivers, thank you for your comments-I'll add your names to the hat!

Patricia-they have some versions of this book on abebooks-you might be lucky and find one on ebay if you don't win this one!

Janet T said...

That's a neat book. Have never seen one like it! I love your cards too. They are beautiful.

Thanks for the giveaway opportunity and congratulations on your new release.

Jane Odiwe said...

Thank you, Janet, and thank you for visiting my blog!