Saturday, September 18, 2010

Pride and Prejudice, A Stone Seat in the garden at 'Longbourn'

I'm in Bath at the moment, and shall be going to have a look at the Regency costumed parade this morning as the Jane Austen Festival starts. I shall bring you a report on all I see a little later, but for now, I thought I'd post a few more photos from the lovely day I had with P and P tours at 'Longbourn'. These photos are taken in the garden, I'm sure you'll recognise some of the places, but I wanted also to add a couple of photos like the one of the stone cherub and the bust at the end of the arbour, just because they were so beautiful. I hope you like them! I've also included a BBC Youtube clip from the Pride and Prejudice series which shows Elizabeth sitting where I am on the stone bench amongst other views.







4 comments:

Isa Merino said...

Great photos and post.
It was marvellous to meet you in BAth. I´m so sorry I couldn´t say goodbye to you and Victoria, but I hadn´t your telephones numbers and it was impossible. I´ll tell you what happens to me:

My face was very inflamed since friday night and I looked forward a hospital. I went to health center and visit a doctor. I was very scared but I didn´t tell you both because I didn´t want to worry you about me. Well, my face grew more and more all the day and on Sunday it will be worst, so I didn´t go to Jane Austen meet. I couldn´t call you to tell you, Victoria and you. Sunday night when I arrived Málaga I went to a hospital with my mother and they told me that I have mumps, so I´m at home all the week, in bed. Tell Victoria, because I couldn´t say goodbye to her. I hope to be fine the next week.
Thanks for those best moments in Bath. I´ll send you photos soon.

Kisses

Isa

Jane Odiwe said...

Isa,
It was so lovely to meet you. Oh, you poor thing, I hope you get better soon! I remember having mumps as a small child, and it's not nice.
If you ever come to England again, let me know - we'll have to meet up again!
Love Jane x

Isa Merino said...

Thanks Jane. I had mumps as a small child too, but now I had again, it´s not nice. Well, I´m smiling because I think it´s better than to be sad about. For sure.
I´ll visit London in a few weeks, so I´ll tell you and we can meet up again for a cup of tea or so. I´ll tell you in october.
My face is now fien. Thanks God. In a few days I´ll be fine.

Thanks for those happy moment in The Promenade, in Bath. It was wonderful met you and Victoria.

Kisses

Isa

Jane Odiwe said...

Isa,

I didn't know you could catch it again! I'm thinking of you - get well soon.
Let me know when you're coming - if you click on 'Contact Jane Odiwe' at the top of my blog, you'll get my email.
Take care
Jx