Skip to main content

200 Years of Pride & Prejudice, Project Darcy, and Events News!


I'm sorry I've been so quiet lately but I’ve been very busy writing a new book. I’ve hesitated to talk about it very much because I wasn’t sure whether I would be able to publish it this year, but things are looking hopeful! 
It’s another time-slip book, Project Darcy, which is inspired by Pride and Prejudice, and is to be published in the autumn.
Part of its inspiration comes from the Steventon archaeological dig that took place  some time ago, only the dig that takes place in my book is completely from my imagination, of course. It is high summer when my heroine Ellie joins the volunteers on the dig with some friends from university. She’s always had a bit of a talent for ‘seeing’ into the past and is not easily phased by the ‘shade’ she encounters at the house where the friends are staying. As Ellie travels into the past and sees life through the eyes of Jane Austen, she discovers exactly what happened when Jane danced at the Harwood’s Ball in the snowy winter of 1796 and finds how love inspired her to write Pride and Prejudice. As  Steventon Rectory and all its characters come to life, Ellie finds she has a heartbreaking decision. Should she stay in the past with Mr Darcy's ghost or be brave about facing the present where both Pride and Prejudice might just influence her future destiny?

Because it's the 200 year anniversary of Pride and Prejudice, I've been very lucky to be involved in some exciting events! I am particularly delighted to be invited to participate in a reading of Pride and Prejudice in Bath at the Jane Austen Festival, and to give talks on Pride and Prejudice and its influence in my own work at the Royal Automobile Club in Epsom, and the University of the Third Age in High Barnet. Here are more details:
 Sunday 15th September
 Jane Austen Festival 
Reading Pride & Prejudice the novel – Bath Central Library
Sunday 15th to Saturday 21st September 2013

Thursday 24th October

200 Years of Pride and Prejudice - Jane Odiwe talks about her love of Jane Austen’s most celebrated novel and its influence on her own writing and painting.
The Royal Automobile Club
Woodcote Park
Wilmerhatch Lane
Epsom
Surrey KT18 7EW
Telephone 01372 229230 Fascimile 0870 460 6934
www.royalautomobileclub.co.uk

5th December
Celebrating 200 Years of Pride and Prejudice with Jane Odiwe 
University of the Third Age, 
United Reformed Church, Wood Street,
High Barnet, Hertfordshire

I'd love to see you at any of the above events!