Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Willoughby's Return Interview on Jane Austen's World!

Please join me today for a guest blog on Jane Austen's World. It was lovely to be interviewed by Vic again - thank you so much for the opportunity to talk about my book, Willoughby's Return.

Today's question is for fun! Which hero from Sense and Sensibility do you like best - would you fall for an Edward Ferrars or a Colonel Brandon? Are you influenced by the actors who play these roles? The top photo shows Alan Rickman and David Morrissey as two very gorgeous Colonel Brandons and the equally dashing Hugh Grant and Dan Stevens as Edward Ferrars below. I have to admit I loved them all!
Please leave a comment below if you are brave enough to join in.

8 comments:

Laura's Reviews said...

I think I might fall for either Dan Stevens as Edward Ferrars or David Morrissey as Colonel Brandon. Edward may not be flassy, but he still was a good man. Colonel Brandon is VERY romantic!

Alexa Adams said...

I am definitely a Colonel Brandon girl, Edward Ferrars being a bit timid for my taste (though he would make an excellent brother-in-law). I admit to being biased because I absolutely adore Alan Rickman. He falls right behind Colin Firth when I rank my favorite portrayals of Austen heroes.

Kelly said...

For me it is David Morrissey as Colonel Brandon. Much preferred the BBC adaptation than the movie.

Mer said...

Alan Rickman's Col. Brandon. His voice is full of spices. :-)

CAM Creations said...

I loved both adaptations the film and TV and love all the actors, they have got all there own qualities. i am just a Jane Austen junkie and love all her films, tv adaptations and books.

Vic said...

Hugh Grant and Alan Rickman. Both are yummy, and I could watch them forever. Hugh Grant, being much too handsome, was all wrong for the part of Edward Ferrars, but I don't care :)

Anonymous said...

OMG you threw me into the deep end with this question but here goes. since i'm about the same age as Hugh grant and allan Rickman, I should say that I think they are hot and well suited for the parts they played. The new men are well suited for their part in this day and age but, look lets face it, they're all hot in their own way. Even if Hugh Grant was too handsome and as they say all wrong for the part, I would also say who cares I reckon he was good for the part. I like him in those old time film adaptations.

Jane Odiwe said...

I have to agree with all you say, and let's face it, part of what makes these adaptations so watchable are the gorgeous chaps!
Vic, you are absolutely right - Hugh is far too handsome - and like you, I don't care!