Skip to main content

A Review for Lydia Bennet's Story on Pemberley

They are talking about me on Pemberley! How delightful!!!!
From a review found on the Austenuations page at Pemberley.com

I've just finished this book and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Lydia was lively and fun, just as she is in Pride and Prejudice, and there were some appearances by the Darcys and the Bingleys as well as the rest of Lydia's family.
Lydia's story starts at Longbourn. It's written as a novel, but every now and again the narrative is interspersed with Lydia's journal entries, which provide interest and novelty. The tone is very bright and lively, just like Lydia, and her journal entries are very funny. I often laughed out loud, which is not something I do with many books.
It's a funny book, written with a detailed knowledge of Pride and Prejudice, and I enjoyed it immensely.