Skip to main content

Pride and Prejudice 1995 - Lacock location

Whilst staying in Bath I took a little trip out to Lacock, the village where so many of our favourite adaptations have been filmed. Most memorable, of course, was the 1995 adaptation of Pride and Prejudice starring Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth. I've been to Lacock many times, but I thought you might be interested to see a few photos. There I am standing under the sign of the Red Lion which doubled up as the Meryton Assembly Rooms in the miniseries.



Next up is a view down the main street - I do think it is a pity that they allow people to park their cars there - they really do spoil the look of the place - but, this isn't a model town; people live here and in a modern world we drive cars. How much nicer it would look if there were horses and carriages - and officers - and real bonnets in the shops!

The last photo shows a view towards the church. It's down here that I discovered a gorgeous teashop. I'm not ashamed to say I made two visits to this heavenly establishment - and found that the stars of Harry Potter had been there before me. I've got some gorgeous pictures of cakes for tomorow!