Thursday, September 25, 2008

Lost in Austen

Two words - utterly brilliant!
Well, I was going to leave it there, but I need to add that if you want Pride and Prejudice, read the book. If you want to escape to the imagined world of an alternative Pride and Prejudice, where the plot takes on a life of its own and where the laughs are abundant, then you will enjoy this series. I loved every single actor - you were all excellent, and the writing is so clever and funny. Sorry, Mr Darcy, you were good, but I've fallen in love with someone else. Mr Bennet, (Hugh Bonneville) I love you!

3 comments:

Sue Wilkes said...

Maybe I should've persevered with it, as the first episode annoyed me so much I didn't watch any more! I agree with you about Mr Bennet though, I did think he was really good.

Vic said...

I agree with you: I loved the series. I can't wait to purchase the DVD when it becomes available in my area.

Jane Odiwe said...

I've already ordered my copy-I can't wait to watch it again.